Tuesday, November 21, 2017

‘Evil’ female maths tutor ‘tried to start lesbian affair with 16-year-old pupil by showering her with gifts

  • Tutor Aveesha Ahsan, 34, is accused of sexually assaulting a 16-year-old girl
  • Ahsan is alleged to have told the girl that she had 'attractive and alluring' eyes
  • Inner London Crown Court heard Ahsan offered to buy the girl several gifts 
  • Ahsan of Catford, south London denies the charges. The trial continues  
A female teacher sexually assaulted a 16-year-old pupil after telling her she had 'attractive and alluring' eyes and wanted to marry her, a court heard.
Aveesha Ahsan, 34, hugged and kissed the teenager after offering to buy her gifts including a Kindle, prom dress and make-up, Inner London Crown Court heard.
Prosecutor Sophie Shotton said: 'Ahsan repeatedly told the complainant that she wanted to marry her.
Aveesha Ahsan, 34, pictured outside Inner London Crown Court,  is accused of hugging and kissing her 16-year-old female maths student as well as offering to buy the teenager gifts
Aveesha Ahsan, 34, pictured outside Inner London Crown Court,  is accused of hugging and kissing her 16-year-old female maths student as well as offering to buy the teenager gifts
'One occasion she wrote down on a piece of paper a proposal to the complainant.
'The complainant returned the note to the defendant who said, "Oh, you're going to take this to the police." The letter was then ripped up by the defendant and thrown away.
'The Crown say that this conduct by the defendant shows that Miss Ahsan knew that what she was doing was wrong and was not part of any type of normal or, as the Crown say, lawful pupil-teacher relationship.
'Miss Ahsan offered to buy the complainant gifts, including a Kindle and a notebook and offered to buy her more gifts, such as a prom dress and make-up.'
Ahsan then sexually assaulted the girl by 'forcefully' kissing and hugging her, it is claimed.
'This was a sexual assault as the complainant did not consent and, as the Crown state, that the complainant did not believe that she was consenting,' Miss Shotton added.
The complainant frequently told the defendant that she was 16 in Whatsapp messages that passed between them.
Ahsan asked the girl in one message if she wanted to 'do sex'.
'These messages show the defendant behaving in a manipulative, inappropriate and sexual manner towards the complainant,' Miss Shotton said.
'It is clear from the responses that these comments were not solicited, were not wanted and that the complainant did not want to kiss or hug the defendant.
'It was not long after the complainant had started studying at the tutorial college that the defendant started acting inappropriately towards her - writing notes to her and saying that she found her eyes 'attractive and alluring'.
The Muslim teacher told police none of the incidents happened, insisted she was into men and said she was due to get married to a male friend. 
In her police interview played to the jury the girl said Ahsan wrote down on a piece of paper that she 'shouldn't trust anyone but that I should trust her.
'She also pointed out that my eyes were alluring and that my eyes were controlling.
'She told me...that she had had sex before marriage and she's a Muslim and that's not appropriate in our religion.
'She was all lovey-dovey but she also had an evil side and I considered her as evil.
'Like I can't control my eyes but she would say that my eyes are controlling.
'She would try and blame me like I'm responsible for all of the things that aren't in my control.
'She told like who she's had sex with, like she never talked about any details of it but like sometimes in her conversations she would imply stuff, like it's not a big deal or it doesn't hurt.
'Considering that she was Asian, that she had an education, I found her cool like she's got a physics degree, she's funny, she's done a lot of things.
'She used to be very strict in her lessons but I used to be allowed to go to the toilet without asking her.
'If I never used to allow her to kiss me, she would hug me and if I didn't allow her to hug me she would try and kiss me.
'Because it was GCSE times and I would consider myself as a hard working student, it made me try and understand what she would try to do.
'So I would spend less time doing work and more time trying to think about what she was trying to do.' 
The court heard Ahsan had four different phone numbers and despite the victim blocking her number, she still tried to get into contact with her. 
The prosecutor said: 'Then on four or five occasions she forced herself on the complainant, trying to kiss her by being physical with her.
'She put her arms either side of her, while the victim had her back against the wall.
'She touched her shoulders, moving towards her trying to kiss and hug her as the complainant tired to move her face away so she wasn't kissed on the lips.'
The jury was also played a recorded police interview of the alleged victim, who explained she got tutoring while she was studying for her GCSEs and after a while she 'knew something wasn't right'.
The teenager said: 'After some time she gave me a letter and on the letter she talked about how she wanted to me to like her and get married with her.
'On the other side it had terms and conditions of what would happen when we got married.'
She added: 'I was very confused. She offered to help me and every teacher has a favourite student and I thought it was like that.
'But she would say something and then used to back off.
'Like she would say something and she would act like I did something and blame me like I'm controlling her.'
Ahsan, of Catford, south London, denies one count of sexual assault and one alternate count of sexual activity with a child in a position of trust.
The trial continues.  

No comments: